Broomfield House School
Broomfield House School is Kew’s oldest private school. The first printed reference to the school was in the Richmond & Twickenham Times on 29th January 1876 and records allow us to trace lineage back to the Head Teacher, Miss Sara Eliza Mead (1830 – 1918) who was leading the school at that time. Miss Mead gave the school its motto, Lo Here is Fellowship.
Since then, the school has become a feature of the community. The school’s original building, Broomfield House, is one of the largest Victorian houses in the village. Broomfield House now provides welcoming accommodation for our Years 4, 5 and 6 classes, a practical science room; the Green Room, new study rooms for one-to-one and small group teaching, as well as a dedicated computer room, staff room and school office.
The school welcomes children from 3 – 11. It is also partnered with two wonderful local nursery schools. In 2007, Broomfield took ownership of Kew’s oldest Montessori School, Kew Montessori, based at St Luke’s House, five minutes’ walk away on Sandycombe Road in Kew – a nursery that Ofsted judged ‘Outstanding’ in September 2016. In 2014, St Margaret’s Montessori in Twickenham also joined, so that children from age two have a clear pathway into a leading school.